Well I haven’t posted since the first day of school. A lot has happened since then.
- The kids started school only to have the 2nd day canceled due to Tropical Storm Fay.
- They went to school Weds and Thurs but late Thurs night we got a call from the county saying school was canceled for Friday.
- So Friday we took the kids bowling at Firkin & Kegler. They were running a special on bowling so we bowled two games. We all had a lot of fun.
- We went to Sonny’s for dinner…always a favorite place for my gang.
- Saturday hubby took the kids to the Science Center to get them out of my hair so I could study.
- Sunday we had a great morning of worship at our new church.
- This past week the kids went the whole week since there were no more storms.
- Thursday hubby and I drove all the way to I Drive for a job fair put on by Monster.
- What a waste of time and gas that was. There were only like 6 companies there and all the jobs were in sales.
- I also tried to get an application to work at the schools in the cafeteria.
- This was the second time I have been to the place that it says to go and the door to the place was locked.
- I was just a little frustrated.
- Friday I got a little pampering from my Mary Kay friend. That was nice.
- Yesterday we spent the day with hubby’s parents.
- My father-in-law grilled hamburgers and hotdogs.
- It was a nice day of just hanging out.
- Today the kids and i did not go to church as both girls are feeling a little under the weather.
- My grandparents came over for Sunday Dinner today.
- Hubby ended up grilling the chicken because the goats got out of the back fence. See this post.
- Dinner was a nice time of 4 generations enjoying a meal together.
- We just finished watching The Bank Job. Was pretty interesting. We didn’t know it was based on a true story until at the end they put up on the screen what had happened to all the people.
- My brother is now an official substitute teacher for the county we live in.
- He has his first day of subbing on Weds…in a Kindergarten class (I am praying for him now…LOL)
So I think I have hit all the high points. Tomorrow we are not doing much of anything. I think we are going to be treated to buttermilk pancakes for breakfast…yummy!! My middle daughter has to bake some cookies tomorrow. It is the first goal she set for herself at school. So I have to take pictures of her making the cookies to send in to school as proof that she met her goal. The 4th graders are building a portfolio this year and her teacher is teaching them how to set goals for themselves.
Then back to school for the kids on Tuesday and back to job hunting for the hubby and I.